how to install cordova ?
Follow the below steps to install Cordova in linux :
- Check if js is installed or not. To test the installation, open a terminal window and type:
- nodejs –version
- If the version number is displayed, Node.js is installed.
- If Node.js is not installed, install with:
- sudo apt-get install nodejs
- Also add the alias “node” for nodejs, as this is needed by Cordova:
- sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node
- Install Node Package Manager (npm). Test if npm is installed or not:
- npm –version
- If npm is not installed, install with:
- sudo apt-get install npm
- Install Git. Git is a version control system, which is used by Cordova behind-the-scenes. Test if Git is installed by typing:
- git –version
- If Git is not installed, install with:
- sudo apt-get install git
- Install Cordova. Cordova is installed using the Node Package Manager (npm). Type the following to install:
- sudo npm install -g cordova
- Test the Cordova install by typing:
- cordova –version
- If you see the version number, you have successfully installed Apache Cordova!