WordPress is an open-source website creation platform that is written in PHP and uses a MySQL database.
WordPress has an export tool that allows you to download an XML file of your whole website content to your computer. The XML file uses the WordPress Extended RSS format, also known as WXR. Your business can use a WXR file to transfer your current WordPress blog or the full website to another website. You can transfer the site to google blogger as well. Also, you can create a WXR file for posts, pages, media,category and products individually.
Here are few steps to create WXR file:
1. Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to “Tools” under wordpress main navigation and select “Export” to access the “Export” pages or posts.
3. Click the radio button next to “All Content,” which creates a WXR file of your entire site. If you want to export only posts the check on “Posts” which creates a file of your posts. Similarly if you select “Pages” that will create a file of your WordPress pages.
4. You can select the additional filtering options as per your need.
5. Click “Download Export File.” Select the location where you want to save the WXR file and click “Save” button.