Best practices for JS code optimization
- Use asynchronous loading: Use asynchronous loading to reduce the time it takes for the page to load. This can be achieved using the async or defer attributes on script tags.
- Optimize loops: Optimize loops by reducing the number of iterations or using faster loop constructs like for-of loops.
- Avoid unnecessary calculations: Avoid unnecessary calculations by caching values or avoiding duplicate calculations.
- Use event delegation: Use event delegation to reduce the number of event listeners and improve performance.
- Use efficient data structures: Use efficient data structures like maps or sets to improve performance when working with large data sets.